Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Cory!

Yesterday was Chase's brother Cory's birthday, but we aren't celebrating until tomorrow after church. Happy Birthday Cory!

If you are a card maker I'm sure you've been following along with the latest release of Papertrey Inks March stamp release. All the talk about a second guidelines stamp set got me pretty excited, so I pulled out the first edition to make a card for Cory. Here's what I came up with:I'm not really a fan of making cards for boys, but I do like this one. Nice clean lines, right up my alley. I also did something a little different by turing the squares. I've never seen this pattern before. I also varied the two types of ink but just slights. I think it gives a nice effect.

Ah... don't you hate when you get a photo done and you realize you messed up. On my sentiment, I was suppose to put it down the other way. Oh well... hopefull Cory won't notice.
Stamps: Guideslines, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Coco, Distress Tea Dye
Paper: Dark Chocolate (I'm loving how nice and thick the PTI cardstock is), Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Ribbon from JoAnn's; Randon buttons

No comments: