Sunday, March 15, 2009

2 day of happy birthday Cory!

I went ahead and made Cory a second birthday card to give to my brother and sister and law to give him. Cory is a huge Alabama fan, actually all of the boys in Chase's family are, so I decided I would let that guide my colors. Now as a Tennessee fan this was a little bothersome, but I think I sabotaged the card in the end anyways (more at the end of the post).

I tried this technique that Dawn McVey used on her blog yesterday. You basically just make a lot of strips of paper (either designer or you can make you own like I did), and glue them onto a predetermined sized sheet of cardstock at an angle. One hint here, I used white for my sheet I was glueing my strips to, but because my strips were also on white, it made it harder to cut the strips once the were glued down. I think trying to use two different colors will help make that even easier. Once everything is the way you want it, trim the strips so they fit your cardstock piece.

Now I'll be honest I didn't really get it at first, but once I did, so easy.I still don't have a sweing machine. Most of the time I handstitch everything, but I wanted this messy stitching, so I just went for it. I wouldn't suggest trying this at home. I'm not really a fan, but because I really don't like Alabama, I guess this is my way of ruining the card. :) Stamps: PTI- Guidelines, Damask Designs, Friends 'Til The End
Ink: Basic Gray, Colorbox Lipstick Red
Cardstock: White, Basic Gray, True Black
Accessories: The Paper Studio Ribbon

Wow that was a long post for me. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: