Thursday, November 11, 2010

December Daily Cover

Just a heads up, our store site is currently down, but we are working hard to get it back up! If there is something you need asap, just email me. My email address is over on the right.

Today I wanted to show you the covers for my December Daily. If you didn't see my pages last week you can check them out here. For the cover I just started off with some chipboard and red acrylic paint.
 It was a little too red for my liking so I covered it with some Tim Holtz Tea Dye to give it a little softer feel.
I used the large sentiments from Christmas Wonder to create a pattern on the cover, and again covered the entire thing with Tim Holtz Tea Dye.
 This is hard to see in my final photo, but I used one of the verses from Rejoice! to create some text lines down the side. I really love the effect.

I added some white burlap, fabric tape, twine and a Tim Holtz Book Plate to finish it off.


Have a great Thursday!

7 comments:

FLEUR de Lo said...

Beautiful! I LOVE this idea, too. It's a great way to capture such a busy and memorable time.

Brandi said...

Court,
What a great project! Do you use this to collect memories of this past Christmas? I will go take a look at the other post to see your pages. I have a Christmas book similar to this since 2003 that I keep my memories of the Christmas's throughout the years! It is great to look back upon each year and remember!
Brandi

~amy~ said...

Courtney...this is Gorgeous!

Karen B. said...

Oh my Courtney, this is beautiful! I love love love the idea of using that one stamp to create a text feel.

~Tammy~ said...

This is fabulous! What a great project Courtney!

Winter said...

So pretty! I really need to try and make one of these books! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

This turned out GREAT, Courtney! Love your color choices! And that book plate is awesome!