Sunday, September 20, 2009

A video, some crafty six graders, and a decorating project.

I don't have a card to show you tonight, but I do have a ton of other stuff.

First up... here's the continuation of my first video about my shopping at CK Nashville.

Next up, yesterday I promised a decorating project, well I have a little to show you today. However, the thing I'm most excited about is going to have to wait until my sweet husband (hint, hint) hangs it for me! Yesterday I went to just a few yard sales around my neighborhood. In total I spent $1.25. I got this cute little tray for $0.25 (the one below it I painted as well, but I already had it but it was way too red for my taste).


1. Lightly sand.
2. Paint two coats.
3. Seal with clear coat.
4. Gather some cute things from around the house and...


There's a little too much on it at the moment, but I just could help adding I was so excited. I also think this will be so cute to use when we have house guest. I think it would be super cute to have bottle water, soap, etc.


Tonight I had six 6th grade girls here for their Sunday night small group. We thought it would be fun to have them decorate their own journal for their study. I'm all about encouraging creativity! And look how cute they are...



7 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh my goodness... I can't believe Avery is in 6th grade... I had her in SS when she was 3!! I feel soooo old! :) Is that Telena I see? Oh... I need to watch your video! And... love the tray!! I so need to get into the decorating mode but seems like stamps/crafting still have my budget now!

Winter said...

Love the video! What a great deal on the tray's too, they look great! My daughter is in 6th grade too, I love crafting with that age! Me and Autumn plan on doing some crafting on the World Card making day! :)

Lynnette said...

Awesome job on the tray. I need to spend more time hopping around garage sales. Love the journals, I had a friend who did the same thing and was a big success!

leanne said...

Looks like you got a lot of fun stuff! How fun to decorate journals, too!

Kay said...

You'll have a ton of uses for the tray! What an amazing find and great bargain!! ♥♥ Kay

Stephanie said...

girl - you've got a load of good karma coming your way!! I bet those gals loved it :)

~kelly marie~ said...

I love your video! Thanks for the shout out!! :) :) It totally made my day!

That is so wonderful that you inspired young girls to get crafty. I love it!