Friday, September 18, 2009

Indian Summer and Us

I'm not sure if I've ever talked about this on my blog, but I do some design work for my local scrapbook store, The Scrap Room. It's always fun to walk around with the store owner and anticipate what line she would like me to create something with. I usually get really excited when she starts walking towards the many lines of Basic Grey. However, this time I knew there was one line I did not want. So which line did she really want me to make something with? Yep, you got it... Indian Summer. So obviously I'm not the biggest fan, but after playing with I think I've totally changed my mind. It's actually really nice.

Here's what I came up with:


I honestly never would have picked the sheet of squash, had I not seen Kristina Werner's card, but I do love it now.

I did paint on the edges of the sheet of Dogwood. I also stitched around my inner square. I think the details really make this page fun. 


After making my scrapbook page, I decided to make a card with some of the leftover pieces:

There is not any stamping on this card, which is a big change for me. At the heart of it all, I love to stamp, but on this card I just used my own hand writing (or a version of it).

Well, Chase is out of town this weekend, so I feel a major crafting weekend about to begin! Anyone making anything fun?

14 comments:

Mary Anna said...

I'm making a circle of berries. Hahahahaha that made me laugh. Actually, I'm not making anything but a mess this weekend. I spent all evening cleaning out my hall closet. I feel like my demons are finally exorcised. BTW...teaser for ya...I have a date tomorrow night...

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh I love it! Did you do all of that tonight? I got those felty things the other day when I was there. I had been thinking about them since we saw them at CK N!! I don't think I will use mine on a card... will have to make something I will keep with them... they are too cute!

Ann said...

I love that LO! Just fabulous!

I'm not making anything special this weekend...just doing my DT work and hoping to squeeze in a few challenges--I've been battling a nasty cold for a while now, and it's really zapping my creativity. :(

Winter said...

Oh, Courtney! This is cute! I love that paper! I hav been seeing that felt tree and I am in love! I think I need to get one, but I'm with Kelley, I have to keep it on something for me! :)

Elise said...

Ohhhhhh, Courtney! YOU'RE FUN! This is a super L/O and I love the story of your stalking the isles of your LSS with the owner... So cute! And funny and YOU! I'm thinking that any store owner that had you on call is PRETTY LUCKY! Way to get your SCRAP on AND kick out a beautiful BONUS card! You should get EXTRA CREDIT for this! Tee Hee

Heather P. said...

Indian Summer wasn't high on my must-have list when it first came out, but the more I see it used, the more I really like it!

I think your page is fantastic!

Shemaine Smith said...

I am still on the fence about purchasing this line but you rocked your layout and I love the woolies!!! Beautiful!

Vanessa said...

Wow, love your creations! Fab!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Jessica said...

Very cute design. Love the layout. I must confess since the day it came out Indian Summer was on my priority list :) As for this weekend I think I'll have it off ;)

Kim said...

Courtney, what an awesome layout! And that card? Seriously cool!

Kay said...

You totally rocked these Indian Summer papers, Courtney!! The layout is gorgeous and the card design is fabulous! Love your style!! ♥♥ Kay

Deanna said...

Gorgeous Courtney, I just bought some of this line but I love waht you did with the tree felty!

SundayL said...

Lovely Layout, funny, but I was just about to post a layout from someone else using the Indian Summer papers, I will add yours too if I may! I do like the colours of that collection.
SundayL

~kelly marie~ said...

The page and card are so gorgeous! I just love what you did! I didn't know that you did design work for your LSS. That is so exciting and fun! :)