Tuesday, April 7, 2009

weekend decorating.

I went on a little shopping spree this weekend to TJ Maxx Home Goods. Can I just say I that store... I do love it, but actually my first find came from Ross. First of all, I really hate that store. The only reason I went in was to check out some shells and baskets!

My latest Pottery Barn catalog had this great boat in it:It's $200 at Pottery Barn, and it's gorgeous. I love it, but I'm not going to pay $200 for it. So as I walk in to Ross I spot this:
I thought it would look great on our old door desk in the "man room." I'm sure it's not as nice as the one in Pottery Barn or as "worn," but check out the price:
My second find came from Home Goods. Awhile back I saw this picture on Layla's blog and LOVED it:
I knew I wanted to do something with the same kind of colors/feel. I found this great shelf and went from there (this picture is awful but it's so yucky here): I'm going to lose one of the Bs but I can't decide which one I like.

My last little project was to find something to hang on our "real" coat rack in hallway going to our garage. Since it is starting to look like spring here we aren't actually using it, and it looks pretty boring without something hanging on it. So I came up with this grapevine wreath that cost all of $4: Simple but effective. Have you found any good deals this weekend? I'm looking forward to a shoe shopping trip with some friends on Friday!

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

I love your home-decorating tips. We're getting ready to paint and refloor our house. I'm sure I'll be looking for some new looks to spruce up the house! TFS your ideas!

Mary Anna said...

I vote to lose the white B. And I love-love-love the ship. I'm a big fan of a nautical theme. BTW, you're getting bombarded with comments cause I'm on "ketchup" mode.