Saturday, April 11, 2009

for Mary Anna.

***EDIT*** I just got this lovely comment from Mary Anna:

"My own blog post! Ahhhhh! How special do I feel?!?! Thank you dear friend. I think those cards are beautiful and I think it will make the unloved feel loved. However, I will make one teensy comment---We're doing 28 bags, not ten (one for every year of my life). ;)"

Well dang. I better get to work, and apparently I need to read better. These might become simpler 3x3 cards.

Original Post:

Wow, this has been quite the morning. Actually it's been so eventful I might post about it tomorrow. Actually, I'm so frustrated at the moment, that I think I could be removed from the situation a day before I can write about it and not sound crazy! :)

So to relieve a little frustration I decided to work on a very worthy cause. My friend Mary Anna's birthday is tomorrow, happy birthday friend. Her party is Thursday night and she came up with this fabulous idea for a party. Mary Anna is one of the few people I know... maybe the only... that would rather you give her gift to someone in need of a gift rather than to her. So for her birthday she decided to ask all of her friends to bring 10 items (non-perishable food, toothpaste, etc) to her party on Thursday. With those items she is going to make 10 packs to give away to homeless people in Nashville. This is just Mary Anna, she's good like that...

I decided that any pack that's going to a homeless person needs a hand-made card. It's my love language right? I also wanted to make cards that I thought Mary Anna herself would like. If there is one thing I do know about Mary Anna it's that she loves color and patterns. Here's what I came but with....
I'm not sure a homeless person will really appreciate the busy bee one, so I'll probably pull that one out, but isn't it cute? All of the paper and sentiments are from Cosmo Crickets new lines (don't you just love it). I used Stamper's Select White for the card base, and some random ribbon to finish them off.

7 comments:

Lynnette said...

Sorry you had a crazy morning. I hoe that the day improves. Your cards are delightful. I'm sure they will be appreciated.

Mary Anna said...

My own blog post! Ahhhhh! How special do I feel?!?! Thank you dear friend. I think those cards are beautiful and I think it will make the unloved feel loved. However, I will make one teensy comment---We're doing 28 bags, not ten (one for every year of my life). ;)

Mary Anna said...

And one more thing... Oh, how I heart color and patterns!

{PurpleD} said...

How THOUGHTFUL!! Mary Anna looks like an great person and friend!

I simply love these cards, they carry a message of home to these people!

Lynnette said...

Wow, you better get busy!!! Hehehe! Thanks for sharing and again for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you!

Nancy Wyatt said...

What thoughtful ladies you both are! hugs from Conroe, TX!

Kelley Eubanks said...

I love those cards! You know how much I love color... I was drooling over them as soon as I saw them. Color is so pleasing to my eyes!! :-)