Thursday, April 23, 2009

new paper.

Well, I'm sick. Actually I think it's just my allergies, but I woke up this morning and I felt awful. So I took my first sick day since I've been at Lifeway and I hated doing it. I kind of liked having a long streak of no sick days. Plus, I hate laying around all day (I know I'm weird). So far today I've slept 13 hours last night and another 3 today. I'm hoping another round of meds will make it possible for me to sleep again tonight.

I did make this card a few nights ago and wanted to share. I got in some new buttons from Papertrey Ink and some new Hibiscus Burst paper. I'm not a big fan of pink, but I do like this color okay.
Stamps: Friends Til The End
Paper: Patterened Paper Cosmo Cricket, Hibiscus Burst, Ripe Avocado, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Ripe Avacodo
Ribbon: Hibiscus Burst
Buttons: PTI
Ranger Glossy Accents

On another note, sweet Lynnette, wrote some sweet things about my blog on her blog (thank you). It kind of made me reminisce about how much I've learned while crafting. I've always said that creativity takes practice. The more you do it, the better you get.

For example, I made this card almost exactly three years ago. It's not a bad card at all, but when I look at it I can see how my style and creativity have developed over just a few short years. All that to say that if you doing anything creative (or want to), continue to practice. I know I'm still striving too!

7 comments:

Lynnette said...

Hey there, sorry you are sickie! I battle with allergies too and understand the love/hate of spring. Hang in there! And thanks for the sweet shout out! I love your style and creativity. And I'm so grateful to have found your blog:) Take care!

{PurpleD} said...

I've been sick myself today, too! I "celebrated" by staying in and making some "with sympathy" cards...:-)

That pink redeems all other kinds of pink! Love it.

I got my first PTI stamps! Not a new set though...I always loved {Life}, so I started with that.

~kelly marie~ said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I love the card! That grid paper is great. I am also in love with the hibiscus color too! It really is a great pink. Pink with spunk!

~kelly marie~ said...

Also, go check out my blog today. There is a surprise for you!

Winter said...

Hey Courtney! Both cards are great, but I also see how you have grown in your card making! I LOVE that flower card! So cute! Pray you are feeling better soon! :)

Winter said...

Hey Courtney! It's me again! :) I have been reading you blog for awhile, and never realized your husbands name was Chase, that is my sons name too, we spell his Chace. My husbands name is Chance, so we just dropped the N when we named our son!

mamaliu said...

Love the Friends card! I really like how you used the Glossy Accents on the flower and leaves =)