Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kwerner Color Inspiration #54

Another busy Saturday! Chase and I watched Taken last night, and unfortunately the intensity of that movie gave me a sleepless night. All I could think about was how somewhere in the world there were girls just like the girl in the movie. All that too say it was good. Thankfully without of a lot of sleep I was able to get up early to hit the yard sales (more on that below).

Yesterday my sweet grandmother bought me a sewing machine. So all of the card making time I had today revolved around the very small amount of sewing on this card. I also used Kwerner's colors for this weeks color challenge:
I'm not thrilled with the card, but I think I might write 'baby' on it in cursive and it might make it a little more complete.
In other news, I bought four mason jars with handles at a yard sale for $1. I decided to use the as a centerpiece, and I have to say this is really making me happy. All of the flowers are from my mother's card (she's a pro). And here's a little hint into what Chase and I have been working on all day. The Windex on the floor should be a good hint. I'll post more pictures when it is done.
Also, don't forget about the give away! Just post here.

9 comments:

Winter said...

Cute card Courtney! I think it would be a great baby card too, and how sweet that your Grandma bought you a sewing machine! :)

Jane said...

cute and simple!

Anonymous said...

oooo lala beautiful home Courtney, I would love to visit! I think your card is going to be one of Kristina's faves this week....so clean and fresh....hmmmm just like your home!

Unknown said...

Juan and I watched Taken on Friday and I too could not help but think about all the young girls all over the world who are in the same position she was in! That night I had a hard time sleeping too...but it was a good movie!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Soooo sweet Courtney!! Love how simple it is! Great job!:)

Emily Echols said...

Love the mirror.....it looks so different!!

Crystal said...

Such an adorable creation!!!

Elise said...

Your card is ADORABLE! It is so elegant and quietly celebratory of the colors! REALLY sweet!

~kelly marie~ said...

I love the card! It is so sweet of your grandmother to have bought you a sewing machine! So fun!