Saturday, May 16, 2009

congratulations!

Today's going to be a busy day. We've got cleaning to do, a light fixture to hang (including adding another light box in the ceiling), I'm doing my sister's makeup for prom and then we have a party tonight.

In light of the party tonight I knew I need to whip up a card this morning. Scott, Chase's brother graduated from college this fall while in the military. So tonight we are celebrating his achievement. After seeing Debbie's card for this week's CPS challenge. I knew I wanted to give it a try. Isn't her card amazing?

Here was the sketch:
For some reason I was into super bright colors this morning. I used mostly Cosmo Cricket Paper, except for the yellow piece from Basic Grey Lime Rickey. I used some of my punches to punch circles out of Snorkel Umbrellas from Cosmo Cricket and used my ever growing stash of buttons to finish off the embellishment. The strip in the middle has several folds along the way. It gives it some fun dimension (along with this buttons and thickers).


Here's the details:

Paper: (Snorkel Umbrellas, Snorkel Borders, Girl Friday Sunday) Cosmo Cricket; (Lime Rickey) Basic Grey
Letters: Thickers


Chase and I leave for Chicago on Friday, so if you have any must see places I need to add to my list, let me know!

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Great color selection and I also like the button/circle offset idea!

Winter said...

Cute! Love the buttons you added! Don't work to hard today! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful details and colors. Love the fact that this card works for anyone!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Thats cute Courtney! I really like it! I wanted to play along with this sketch too but just haven't had the time!

Ann said...

SO fun! I love the colors and buttons!