Saturday, April 18, 2009

what have you read lately?

Wow, I'm worn out. Chase and I had a pretty busy day. We woke up at 6 to head to Jeremy and Emily's for our yard sale. Then I came home, vacuumed and washed my car, cleaned the house, washed clothes. Then, Chase and I created a flower bed in the back of the house, took a trip to Lowes and added some color to our front landscaping. 6 am seems so long ago.

I did decide to wind down with a little project. A year ago I realized that I couldn't remember some of the books I had read over the years. Sometimes I could remember a story line, but I would have no idea what the titles was. I decided it was time to keep track on my reading. So I purchased this cute little notebook from target:After each book I read I write the title in the book, the author, and my thoughts on the book:I decided today, that it's time to make this cute book even cuter, and what better to use than Damask Designs. I taped off the cute black cloth and stamped with craft white. I also added my own handwriting, and some inked edges. I also added some faux black stitches. Then last, but not least, I added a HUGE black vintage button and some SU! organza ribbon to the black strap. So cute.
I think I'm off to watch a movie and just sit. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love this idea. Years ago, I used to keep track of the books I read. Then I lost the book that recorded all my books and I'm bummed that I lost out on recording all those. I'm back on keeping track and may have to get this cute notebook as you did