Wednesday, April 15, 2009

my new coat tree.

This weekend my friend Emily and I took a trip to Lebanon for some shoes. We didn't come home with any shoes, but I did find a great ladder at one of the antique stores. I wish I would have taken a picture of it's rustic goodness, but I just got too excited. I spray painted the ladder black to go with my color scheme, roughed it back up, and added some hooks. I wish you could see all the texture from the original paint under it... I love it. Here's the finished product:
We have people over a lot and my goal was just to have a place for people to hang their jackets/purses. Here's my breakdown of cost:

Ladder: $24
Hooks: $10
Paint: $4

Not too bad for $38. I moved the 'B' from my upstairs shelf. I'm hoping to look for something original to hang on it soon.

1 comment:

Kelley Eubanks said...

that looks cool... can't wait to see it in person and hang a coat on it!! well.. i don't wear a coat... maybe a purse!