Saturday, January 10, 2009

kwerner color challenge #37

I participated in another color challenge this weekend. Thankfully Kristina was busy this week too, and we got a little more time to work on it. I always hate the first full week back to work after the Holidays. I think my body just doesn't know how to kick it into second gear.

So here are the colors this week. I can honestly say that I would NEVER put these colors together. I generally pick my paper colors like I pick my clothes... two colors and one's usually white or black. I will say I LOVE the finished product.
Click above to view the other cards submitted. There are always a ton of gorgeous cards!

Here it is (sorry again about the pictures, it's gross and rainy here and without the D70 this is the best I'm getting):


I don't sketch my cards. Sometimes I wish my mind worked that way, but I'm visual girl. I just have to get the pieces together and go from there. I will admit that I totally forgot the Chocolate Chip until I finished the card. I had to take of my ribbon and add the little strip under it. I really like the added layer it give it. Thanks for checking in!

Stamps: Like Like You Mean It, Dot from Merry & Bright (it's so sad that I STILL do not have Polka Dot Basic, so I make do).
Ink: Versa Mark, Stazon
Paper: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, White, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Prima Flower (I took two layers of the bottom because it was just too big for my card), Embroidery Floss

9 comments:

Savitri said...

Very cute! The flower's adorable! Just the right touch!!

Andrea said...

Beautiful card.

Yankee in England said...

I love the live like you mean it stamp! Very Cute.

Stacey Schafer said...

very cute!

Mary said...

I like the added layer too!

Ginny Larsen said...

i love it! i am visual too... i have to lay things out before i cut anything :)

ginny

Dawn said...

Wow this is gorgeous!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is delightful! Love the blossom! :D

Unknown said...

Lovely card! love those words