Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a busy weekend.

***Please note that I had to resize these pictures in blogger. I'm not sure what the deal is, but it wasn't easy. I'm sure there are several that are skewed.

I've been complaining that I keep giving myself new projects all the time, but when the opportunity for my dad to come help Chase and I (mostly Chase) with our fireplace, I couldn't pass it up. Here is the visual story:

My Dad and I checking out a picture I found online. ***This idea originally came from Layla at The Lettered Cottage. You can read my original post about our Living Room here.

The first piece goes up.
The grid is up, crown molding is up. I think all of the dots on this picture is dust! There was a lot of sanding going on. Painting (we had to do three coats plus primer).
Finished! I was hoping to take a picture with the place cleaned up and the tv back on the wall (or at least a picture with the plug coverings back up). But you get the point. I'm in love.
We have another party tonight so hopefully I'll get a good one!
Thanks Dad and Chase for all of your work on this! It's beautiful.

1 comment:

Lettered Cottage said...

GORGEOUS!!!

I am so excited for you!

Layla :-)