Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy New Year with Look Up! Additions

I'll admit it. I'm still in my PJs. Don't you just love the holidays? It's been a much needed break for me already. I've been working hard to finish my December Daily book, and I'll be posting more about that soon. This year rather than trying to get it done and blog about it, I let myself just try to get it done! This morning I decided to make a Happy New Year card with Everyday Prints, Retro Christmas Backgrounds and Look Up! Additions.

1. Make card from cardstock.
2. Stamp background stamp (Houndstooth from Retro Christmas Backgrounds) with VersaMark.
3. Using a pen and ruler, draw a rectangle 1/4 inch from the edge.
4. Stamp banner, three times on cardstock. Stamp inside patterns. Cut.
5. Adhere banners and punch hole where they meet. Tie bow.
6. Stamp sentiments.

Stamps: Everyday Prints, Retro Christmas Backgrounds and Look Up! Additions (Practicing Creativity)
Cardstock: Kraft, Golden Harvest (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: VersaMark, Craft White (Stampin' Up), Spice Tin (Jenni Bowlin for Ranger)
Thread: Divine Twine Yellow
Pen: Night of Navy Writer (Stampin' Up!)

I'm really excited about this New Years. Chase and I will be in North Carolina "practicing" our skiing with some friends in preparation for our trip in April! Hopefully I'll be okay at skiing and therefore not scared to death to ski in the Alps!

I'm off to work on some more projects for next week's release! I can't wait to show you!

11 comments:

Ann said...

Cute card, Courtney! Glad you are enjoying your time off!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I am afraid to even try skiing but I am sure you will be fabulous!

jen said...

great card!
how lucky you are to get a chance to ski in the alps!!!! WOW!!

Valerie said...

Love this Courtney! Love your color selection. (it's been a pajama-centric week for me, too - enjoy!!)

Gina Lindsay said...

Love your colors here. I spent the entire Christmas weekend in PJS and it was wonderful! Hope to see you soon!

Ryann said...

Hi Courtney! I hope you had a fantastic holiday :) Love the cards and the color combo is awesome.

You are brave - I wouldn't try skiing ever - even when I was thin! LOL

Cindy Lee said...

Lovely card Courtney! I just love banners! I wish I can try skiing someday! Wonder when that day will come :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Veryyy cute!
I love the banner. :)

~Tammy~ said...

Adorable card Courtney! Enjoy your Ski trip and the Alps in April sound divine! Happy New Year!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card Miss Lady!! Hope you had a great Holiday!!!

Lisa Petrella said...

What a super fun card, Courtney! Love that funky banner and the color combo! Glad to hear you're having fun during your time off! YAY!! That's so awesome that you're going to get to ski in the Alps!!! That's definitely on my travel wish list too!! Happy New Year!