Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Craft #4

Whew, I took a little break there from blogging for a few days. Things sure seem to speed up this time of year. I did want to hop on here and show you my last Christmas craft from this year. I've actually made this same wreath several times, but I always love the way it looks. Plus, these are fun to hang on doors around the house (and a great way to use up some double sided paper).

For this wreath I really didn't do anything different than I did here in the original: Pattern Paper Wreath. However, I did add some crepe paper. I love that stuff, and it adds some fun texture. Also, I did a video tutorial of how to do this with fabric, but it's the same deal for double sided paper, Fabric Wreath.



1. Cut 144 - 1"x4" stripes of double sided patterned paper.
2. Using a 10" styrofoam wreath and starting at the bottom, wrap a 1" x 6" strip around wreath securing with straight pin.
3. Making a loop with each 1" x 4" strip, adhere to wreath using a straight pin.
4. Continue around wreath using the same paper, changing paper at each level.
5. Finish off wreath with ribbon.

Can you believe Christmas is just a few days away?

13 comments:

Aimes said...

Fabulous project, girlie! Love the colours of those DPs - so very pretty!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

~amy~ said...

Darling project Courtney!

Anonymous said...

fabulous project. Just gorgeous :D

bethchien said...

gorgeous job!

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful project!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Courtney, this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anthonette said...

Beautiful wreath, Courtney! I recognize that paper.

Lisa Petrella said...

Totally lovin' the way all of those patterned papers look together, Courtney!! What a festive and fun project!!! Merry Christmas!

Bonita Rose said...

Love love this!

Nat said...

another beautiful Christmas craft, love this design! Totally elegant! :) Merry Christmas to you, best wishes! :)

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

this wreath is fantastic! Your work is beautiful . . thanks for sharing

Cindy Lee said...

Awesome wreath!! Gotta love it!