Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Crafts #3

I've got another Christmas craft for you today! I've been using this tree with one of my centerpieces this year. Its one of my favorite crafts, and it's a great way to use some of your patterned paper.

1. Cut stripes of paper using multiple patterns.
2. On the short side of each stripe cut a snip in the paper every inch, cutting approximately 1" into the paper.
3. Curl fringe by rolling it on a pencil.
4. Starting at the bottom of a Styrofoam cone, attach the two uncut corners to the cone with straight pins. Continue around and up the cone, switching patterns at each level.
5. Tie bow for the top, and adhere button in the middle of bow.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're enjoying this Christmas season so far. We have a coat of snow outside, so it's certainly getting me in the spirit!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Tree :) I love it :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Courtney, this is so so so CUTE! I just adore that tree you created. How adorable!!!

Nat said...

I would love to try and making this sweet design, how beautiful!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Courtney, this is totally ADORABLE!

Cassi said...

super cute, what dimensions do you use for the paper strips? i'm not sure i follow your directions! i can't wait to try this, as I have two naked styrofoam cones starring me down.

StampinCathy said...

This is one adorable tress.

Anonymous said...

really love this idea!!!

Unknown said...

Ca-ute!!!

(-: Heidi

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous tree! So creative Courtney!

Gina Lindsay said...

What a cute idea!

Anthonette said...

Totally love the tree, Courtney!