Sunday, May 30, 2010

EBTKS Challenge 16 - Nail Polish

When Kelly first gave us this challenge I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to come up with anything, but now I'm SO SO glad she did. I started by just thinking of different embellishments that could be covered with polish. I finally realized that my crystal hat pins were there perfect thing.
Here are the hat pins I did (the original then covered with a white/cream and pink).
I made a simple card that I let the ribbon do the talking for (this may be a hint at some new ribbon coming for the new release, more info on Tuesday).
Simple but pretty. Since it was so simple I did add a sentiment to the inside panel.
Now I know you all have nail polish so come play along. Plus you'll want to go check our all the other girls cards at EBTKS Challenge.

Plus the winner will get a $30 gift card to...
I hope you all have an amazing Memorial Day tomorrow. Check back Tuesday as we start the next Practicing Creativity release!

18 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome card Courtney. I just love your creative idea on this challenge. That ribbon is sweeeet!

Agata said...

Excellent idea and excellent card! Have to look through my nail polish!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this is just AWESOME! Great use of the nail polish!

Dana said...

Gorgeous! Love those nail polish pins with the giant bow!

Dana Gustafson said...

Cool Courtney! Love the combo of the shiny hambly plus your nail polished hat pin and gorgeous bow. What a fun challenge!

artfuldelight said...

Beautiful card! I LOVE your bows, they always look so perfect.

Ayana Posadas said...

So pretty!
I love those pins and all the bright pink on the card! Oh, and I LOVE the ribbon! :)

Anita Rex said...

Seeing what you did with the nail polish really inspires me! So clever!

Michelle said...

Hey that's just like when people cover bling with Copics - way to get something to match even if you don't have the embellishment in the right color: create it!

I'm all ready for Tuesday ;)

Unknown said...

Oh hey, this is GENIUS!!! Don't be surprised when you see me using it!

Super cute card too!

(-: Heidi

Sarah Craig said...

That is a beautiful card, Courtney! I think it's my favorite of all you have shown..... The ribbon is perfect......

Anthonette said...

Super great idea, Courtney! I would've never thought of that.

Laurie Chilton said...

Love your hat pin idea Courtney. This is an awesome challenge.... so much fun. :)

Sasya said...

WOW!! :) love the challenge and your awesome card!!

Alice said...

beautiful card! love how you used the nail polish! so fun!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful Courtney, so glad that you let your embellishments do the talking.

Kay said...

What a clever idea! I colored some of my stick pins with Copics and was surprised at how well it work! Your card is SO pretty and feminine and I love the sentiment inside! ♥♥ kay

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Great idea!!! I have actually never used pins before. Now you got me thinking!