Thursday, May 7, 2009

landscaping newbies and a question.

Chase and I have big plans for our backyard, but those plans take money! So in an attempt to take things one step at a time we started working with some flowers, a grill, a few lights, and some furniture. Here's Chase spray painting the outline of our flower bed (our grass is so tall because it has rained here everyday for over a week):

Check out those supplies. One day we would like to tile the concrete area.
After a lot of manual labor on Chase's part we have a cleared out bed, and some plants. Please notice how dark it is getting outside. We did get the mulch down, and certainly learned why people wear gloves. My nails have been pink all week to cover up the black. We have just one more thing to do and I'll reveal out final steps!


That brings me to my question. I have never been happy with my stampin' up scrubber. I honestly think I just got a bad one (see below). My little black pieces that hold the mat in broke within the first week. So I've finally had enough (after 6 years). Does anyone have one they love? Help!

5 comments:

Crane trucks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann said...

OMGosh, I think you did just get a bad one! I've had mine for 5 years, and it's still as good as new!

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, I"m so impressed with your back yard plans and can't wait to see the "reveal"! I'm always working on the inside of the house, but never know what to do on the outside...plus I don't like getting dirty or sweaty, so I never step out there! lol!

And your SU scrubber?! Oh my, what happened?! I've had two of them for like 7-8 years and they still look almost new. Too bad we didn't replace the black case when the parts broke. I did have one from Michael's too, but it only had one scrubby side and I do like have the two-sided version for scrubbing and drying!

Schwooo! Sorry that's so long!

Winter said...

My GOSH!! I didn't even know what that was in the picture! LOL! You must have gotten a bad one!! I have had my SU! one for a little over 2 years and it looks and works great! Maybe they need to see a picture of that, of how NOT to make one! LOL!
Oh, and I didn't know your husband was a pastor too! How long has he been one? My husband was called into the ministry about 4 1/2 years ago, there is a great story behind it, I'll have too share it one day. Have a Blessed night!

LeAnne said...

I am cracking up at this.....I am very hard on my scrubbers, they would never last that long! The first one I had I put in the dishwasher---not good to let it dry on the heat cycle. Had to toss it. The second one I still have but it is very fuzzy. The third one (that is NICE and I take to workshops) was drying on my porch when the wind blew it into the driveway and the UPS man, delivering my SU order, drove over it. It is broken, but still works! Not good to take to workshops, though. I do like them and they have redesigned them so the pads slide in & out a little better--maybe you should just try another!
LeAnne