Thursday, November 6, 2008

a political pity party.

This was the first election that I voted in that the candidate that I voted for did not win. Am I down? Upset? Disappointed? Well, sure.

However with every disappointment there is an opportunity. My friend Mary Anna and I had a a political pity party today. The party consisted of hot dogs, fries, and... CUPCAKES!

With that said, I would like to congratulate Barack Obama. He has a hard job ahead of him, and I am committed to praying for him over the next four years.

Also, I would like to share one thing I learned from this election, everyone has a different perspective. For example I do not support socialized health care. If you knew me well, you would know why, my young brother's brain tumor. Others can't afford even the basic health care coverage and they support socialized health care.

I am constantly trying to see other's point of view from my own perspective, and it's extremely difficult. As I'm reading a Shane Claiborne book, I'm realizing it's almost impossible unless you live in someone else's shoes.

With all that said, my good friend Lindsay reminded me this morning that even though I'm disappointed, God is bigger than the government. With a little uncertainty in my mind, that's a nice reminder.

No comments: