Wednesday, January 23, 2008

a question and a card

Last night Chase and I made our way over to the apartment complexes gym. Usually the place is a ghost town, but as it is January it is the happening place. For the first ten minutes we are alone. Then we are joined by another couple. At this point our gym is full. No seriously, it's small. Then we are joined, all at once, by three adults and two children. I'm talking LITTLE kids, around 5 and 6. Now the gym is completely packed. It's not anyone's personal fault that it is pack, just a fact. Then the children begin to "work out." They go to each of the weight machines, "ride" the elliptical (you know one kid on each foot slot), "run" on the treadmill. If I was a kid this is exactly what I would do.

I don't have children, and I try not to judge something I don't know about. However, I was about to pull my hair out. Not only was I worried that one of these kids were about to hurt themselves, I couldn't work out. Chase and I just left, approximately 30 minutes before we normally would. Personally I would never take my kids to work out with me at that age, but what would you do in this situation? As a parent? As a stranger in the gym?

On to the crafts. I made a card last night:Here's the card open:
Here's what I used: Stamps: True Friend; Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Pale Plum; Ribbon: Real Red

Split Coast stampers has this great tutorial for making this card, here.

5 comments:

Patricia Hodge said...

I am a mom of 3 kids and I would never take my kids to the gym like that. If I had no other choice, I would take my kids walking or something so they wouldn't bother anyone.

Anonymous said...

I think you have to much time on your hands, but I really like the card and family pictures. I love you. love mom

Anonymous said...

your the greatest sister in the whole world.!!

Janet said...

yes I would take them but they would have been perfect children sitting by themselves and reading quietly while eating fresh fruit.....oh I must have been dreaming about someone else's children...life in an apartment complex..I am praying that you and Chase can get a house soon and have your own workout room. Great card and blog spot. Looking forward to more inspirations. love you. PS Just forget the work out and come over and make cards.

Eric Adams said...

If Shannon and I had kids, we would just leave them in the work out room unsupervised. Free babysitting!