Sunday, October 31, 2010

More Fun Working with Patterns

Judith over at Jay Gee's Nook, who carries Practicing Creativity Stamps, asked me to be the guest designer over on their new blog. Of course I would, but when I saw this image I just go so excited. I know you'll want to play along with this challenge. Isn't it beautiful?
Love! I decided to mix several blues along with some cream and brown. Can you tell I'm a little in love with our houndstooth stamp and chevron ribbon? Two days in a row.
1. Make card from cardstock.
2. Cut slightly smaller piece of cardstock, stamp lower portion with houndstooth.
3. Punch stripe of cardstock, adhere.
4. Stamp sentiment.
5. Tie bow and adhere to card front.
6. Add buttons.



Stamps: Retro Christmas, Christmas Wonder (Practicing Creativity)
Ink: Soap Powder (Jenni Bowlin); Haystack, Burnt Umber (Palette)
Cardstock: Ivory, Dark Brown (Gina K); Blue Bayou  (Stampin' Up!)
Ribbon: Blue and White Chevron (May Arts)
Punch: Sunburst (Fiskars)


I hope you'll come play along, plus Jay Gee's is giving away The Whole Cycle to the challenge winner!

17 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card!

~amy~ said...

wow...this is gorgeous!!!!!

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! This turned out so beautiful! I love the nontraditional colors and that ribbon is awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. Again I love the fabbie colour combo.. and love the playful sentiment! :)

Unknown said...

love your card- I can see why you're into the houndstooth and chevron- they look awesome together!

Anita Rex said...

Gorgeous Courtney! Love the ribbon with the houndstooth striking!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the houndstooth stamping!! ♥♥♥

Laura.K said...

Gorgeous card. I love that ribbon. And for sure I'll try my luck with this challenge.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa Petrella said...

Fun card, Courtney!! I DO love the pairing of the houndstooth background and chevron ribbon!!! Love the sentiment too! CUTE!

Unknown said...

Hi Courtney, thanx for playing along with us this week. Your card is gorgeous and that ribbon is devine! xx Ange

~Tammy~ said...

Elegantly and modern! just beautiful!

jen said...

gorgeous inspiration pic & gorgeous card!! :)

Dana said...

This is drop dead gorgeous Court. Um WOW.

Amy Kolling said...

Courtney, this is absolutely beautiful! I love this! Especially that fun ribbon and background stamp!

Naomi chokr said...

i love the colors!!! great card!!

Rose said...

Love the patterns on this, Courtney! Just stunning!

Alice said...

this is so beautiful! love it!