Tuesday, June 15, 2010

EBTKS Challenge 17

I'm writing this post pretty early because I'll be traveling for work when this needs to go live. I'll actually going to be at CentriKid camp at Lee University with a video/photo crew shooting the next promotional video. I tell you all this, as it is currently Saturday because I'm just excited! And well my husband is traveling right now too, so the extravert I am needs to talk to someone... okay that sounds strange moving on.

It's time for another EBTKS challenge and this is one I know you can all do really well on. Winter has found some neat inspiration...

The sketch is based off one of those little basket...

Fun huh? I kind of "broke the rules" which is perfectly fine by the way. I wanted to use a labels 1 as the center and the card took on a life of it's own. Once I realized I wanted to use that I remembered that the current Embellish Challenge is for labels, and I love the colors ... so I used two challenges. Seriously this is exactly how my thought process goes for these things, but the end result is worth it (sometimes).
Stamps: Grainy Background (Unity), Always on the Go Bird (Catslife Press)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko); Burnt Umber (Palette)
Cardstock: Cameo Coral (Stampin' Up!), Sweet Corn, Chocolate Brown (Gina K)
Fabric Tape: Chocolate Brown (e2 Daily)
Buttons: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Also, this weeks sponsor is Lawn Fawn! There is a $25 gift up for grabs for the winner! I know you don't want to miss that! So come play along over on the EBTKS blog.

16 comments:

Brenda Weaver said...

Wow! Is it a promotional video for PCD? How exciting!! No wonder you have to tell someone. :)
Love the card, girl. Birds images are always a favorite.

Alice said...

fabulous take on the sketch, Courtney!! gorgeous card!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

StampinCathy said...

This is beautiful and love your take on the challenge. Have fun with the video.

Anonymous said...

You are always on the go gal.. always looking forward to next project.. This card is gorgeous.. grainy background, the birdie and love that strings and buttons too :)

Nat said...

wonderful design, love everything about this!

Sue Ann said...

ADORABLE !!! LOVE IT....... that bird looks like me always on the go but I still do not look like Cindy Crawford :) Fantastic on the video~~ Make sure you stay hydrated ..... okay that was the mom in me!!

Anita Rex said...

ooo I love your take on the challenge! Love it with the labels! I will so have to make time for this challenge!

jen said...

Totally fun card! Thanks for the reminder that a sketch is a starting point- love where this one took you!!! :)

Karen B. said...

Wow, really pretty color combo and such a fun and cute image.

Dana said...

Love that "always on the go" bird stamp! Too funny. And the colors here are really cool Court. Love that broke the rules too...that's what they are for after all! *grin*

Laura.K said...

Such a beautiful card. And so funny, too.

~Tammy~ said...

I just love that stamp because that is MY LIFE, and I love your take on the sketch! I need to stop being on the go, so I can play in this challenge! I have never played before, but this looks like fun, and I just love the inspiration photo!

Warm aloha!
Tammy

alexandra s.m. said...

Lovely card Courtney!
This little bird makes me melt!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this! Fabulous design and an awesome bird stamp!

Kay said...

Amazing! The bird is spectacular and I LOVE the color of your background paper! This is beautiful, Courtney!
♥♥ Kay