Thursday, April 29, 2010

Introducing the Practicing Creativity Design Team

Remember how I was really unsure about doing a design team? Remember how I was nervous about having to actually choose? Well... I was totally correct in feeling that way. It was so hard to pick, and trust me I know how it feels to not get picked. It's just not fun. I do want to encourage everyone that applied to keep trying, there was seriously not one untalented person that applied. I'm always so impressed and inspired by the community of paper crafters out there!

But without further ado,  I'd like to introduce you to three fantastic card makers. I'm seriously so excited to see what they create next!


I am a happy card maker living in Northern California with my husband and two lovely cats. I started scrapbooking about 3.5 or 4 years ago and started making cards soon after. I fell in love right away with card making and that's has taken over most of my scrapbooking time. I love and enjoy being able to make all my "thank yous" and "Happy Birthdays" tangible so that my family and friends can feel and treasure them. =) 
 
I'm a left-handed art and craft lover! I enjoy paper crafts, altered art, knitting, cooking, gardening, and music. I fell into the stamping world by accident in 2000 when I purchased my first rubber stamp at a yard sale! Cards have always been my specialty and my style is pretty eclectic because I like to dabble in just about everything from vintage/shabby to clean and simple. My husband and I are the proud parents of 2 adopted boys, 2 cats and 1 dog. We live in beautiful upstate New York. I am a PPQ Officer with the USDA and spend most of my workdays outside, but in the early morning hours you can find me in my studio covered with ink. 
I'm a girly girl who has a tendency to be a perfectionist. I started stamping when I was a little girl and my love for it has grown over the years. I love pink, scallops, polka dots, bows and anything
sparkly- elements that can be seen on almost all of my creations. During the day I'm a manager at a rubber stamp company and at night you can usually find me stamping away in my studio. Yes, I enjoy stamps so much that I spend almost all my waking hours around them! When I do step away from my stamps, I enjoy shopping, watching movies, exercising and spending time with my friends.
I am so excited to be on board with the PCD design team- I can't wait to share my love of these stamps with you!


You'll get to see these ladies fabulous work starting with this release which starts on Saturday!

---------------

By the way if you have not seen Dana's tutorial on using the You're Dandy rays you are totally missing out. It's brilliant!

--------------

Speaking of You're Dandy, both You're Dandy and For the Love of Dots will be back in stock this weekend!

34 comments:

Kim Wilson said...

Great choices Courtney, their blogs are amazing :) cant wait to see what they come up with!

Dawn said...

Congrats ladies! Courtney, you've for a wonderful team to showcase your wonderful stamps!

Anonymous said...

wow.. Congrats to DT and Courtney for your new team.. I look forward to all your works and new releases.. Cheers!

Melissa said...

Congrats on a great DT, Courtney! And congrats to them!! Can't wait to see your next release!

~amy~ said...

woot woot!!! Whatta fabbie Design Team...chock full of wonderful talent...can't wait to see what you ladies will wow us with!!!!

Congrats!!!

Brandi said...

Congrats on the DT! I am soooo excited to see what you guys come up with and for the next stamp set!

Julie Ranae said...

A big congratulations to all your new designers! I have always admired Alice's work and I look forward to getting to know the other girls : )

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Congrats to everyone! Can't wait to see what you talented ladies show us!

StampinCathy said...

Congrats to the all the new DT! Can't wait to see all the MOJO using Courtney's awesome stamps.

Winter said...

Congrats ladies! I know we will see Amazing things from ya'll! :)

Kay said...

Congratulations to your new Design Team! I'm looking forward to seeing their wonderful creations with your amazing products! Yay! ♥♥ Kay

Jennifer K said...

What great choices! Congrats to you ladies. I'm looking forward to seeing all your lovely creations.

Jessica said...

Great DT, Courtney!!! Congrats gals :)

Laurel Beard said...

Congratulations everyone. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Agata said...

Congrats ladies! That's a great DT! I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

Lynnette said...

Congrats to you and your new Design Team, so excited to see the new sets and what you all create with them!

Tammy said...

Way to go ladies!! Can't wait to see what you do with Courtney's new stamp sets!!

Julie Keller said...

Congrats ladies! I look foward to seeing what they create; can't imagine it was an easy choice Courtney!!

Carly said...

So super exciting!!! And these girls are all just so fab! Hugs, Carly

Lisa Petrella said...

Excellent choices, Courtney!! CONGRATULATIONS Alice, Dana, and Paulina!!!! All 3 of you are so incredibly talented!!!!

wendyp said...

Congratulations to the new team!!! Can't wait to see what fabulous creations you create with the new stamps!

de said...

So excited for you Courtney! Congrats girls! Can't wait to see you in action!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Congrats!

Tenia Nelson said...

A Big Congrats ladies!! Can't wait to see what y'all make!!

Laural-Lee said...

Congratulations ladies. Can't wait to get to know all of you ladies better. Courtney so happy that you have a team now to help you out and make PCD flourish even more than it already has!

artfuldelight said...

Congratulations to Courtney and the new PCD DT. They all have such wonderful creations. :-)

Aimes said...

Woot! Congrats Courtney on picking a fab DT, what a toughie it must have been for ya!
Can't wait for the next release and see what your DT creates!
Aimes
x

P.S I picked up my first order from you today from my post office - can't wait to ink it all up *squeal*!

Merry said...

Congrats ladies....can't wait to see all the wonderful work.

Nancy said...

Congratulations ladies! What a wonderful, talented group you have picked, Courtney! Looking forward to all the inspiration!

jen said...

Congrats to all of you fab new dt members!!! :)

Cindy Lee said...

Congrats ladies!! What a great team you have there, Courtney! I can't wait for their 1st debut!

Karen B. said...

What a wonderful team!

Deanna said...

Congrats ladies, cant wait to see all the reveals!

Savitri said...

Great choice! Congrats ladies!! I can't wait to see what they come up with, Court!!