Wednesday, April 7, 2010

For the Love of Dots

Well I have one more card to show you with this set. It honestly isn't my favorite, but my buddy Amy is going to redeem this post with a card of her own.

Now do you see the shinny dots? Well I think that's where this card went wrong. That's crystal effects, and I've been using it like crazy. However I forgot how on large areas it doesn't really look the best. It also warps your paper. Those are two bad combinations.

So not my favorite by any means, but that's to Amy, you've still got a pretty card to look at:

I love this card. It's so fun. That pattern is just the coolest. Check out Amy's blog for more details!

Both of these cards were made with For the Love of Dots! And many of you will be getting the set very soon! If you order Monday or Tuesday your orders are on their way!

----------

Have you played the EBTKS challenge? We'd love for your to join us ... here!

13 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Both cards are so fun. I'm lovin all the dots. LOL

Laurel said...

So pretty, love polka dot backgrounds!

Aimes said...

Ahh don't beat yourself up over your card, it's lovely with a super fun colour combo! Glad I'm not the only one who gets carried away with dolloping GA on everything LOL!
Amy's card is super sweet too - I love that pattern she's created!
x

Karen B. said...

Thanks for showing your card anyway! The black twill really sets off the colors nicely, and thanks for the tip on not making the large dots shiny! Perhaps there is another way that could be done...oh, the challenge of it!

~amy~ said...

gotta love the big polka dots!!

Michelle said...

I love the pastels....with the hot black ribbon...looks velvety - hot!

Ryann said...

I like the pink/purple color scheme with the pops of green and black. Amy's card is great too!

Ayana Posadas said...

This looks like a very fun set!
So far, i'm loving the card samples!

Laural-Lee said...

Sorry that your card didn't work out quite the way you wanted Courtney but I'm glad you posted it anyway. I like all the different coloured dots and the outline on some of them (freehand?) I also like your punch of black.

Amy's card is great and I'm hoping over to her blog to let her know. Have a super day!!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a great idea to outline the circles! Thanks for the crystal effects tip too...shockingly I have never used it - yikes!

Unknown said...

Love cards. I like them both. Thanks for the tip with the GA.

~kelly marie~ said...

Both cards are awesome! Love the idea of the dots on the diagonal!

Kay said...

These are wonderful Courtney! Yours is perfect!!!! ;o)
♥♥ Kay