Monday, February 22, 2010

American Crafts Abode

So here's a different card for me. It is certainly my style, but there is zero stamping on it!

I did want to share a technique I used on my house chipboard. I had never done this before, but I really thought it was fun. 
Step 1: Spray chipboard with ink (I used a brown and then the Tattered Angel's Diamond)
Step 2: Use an embossing folder to add texture

It is important to to spray the ink first. And have I mentioned how much I love the Abode collection? There is something about eating utensils that is so fun! 

Rub On: Farm Fresh (October Afternoon)
Chipboard: House (Maya Road)
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Cobbler Cove Abode (American Crafts)
Ribbon: Aqua Mist Twill (Papertrey Ink)
Embossing Folder: Houndstooth (Cuttlebug)
Ink: Walnut Ink (Tsukineko), Dazzling Diamonds (Tattered Angels)
Tread: White (Coats and Clark)
Hope you all have a great Monday!

18 comments:

Annmaree said...

Lovely Courtney, even without stamping ;)

Kay said...

Very cool technique, Courtney! I love the houndstooth embossing folder you used. LOVE that paper, too. It's so much fun! Have a great week, my dear! ♥♥ Kay

Laurel said...

Super cute, love that paper!

~amy~ said...

gotta love anything american crafts...super fun card courtney!

Laura O'Donnell said...

super cool technique and card!

Heather P. said...

This is so cute!!

Carly said...

Very creative Courtney! So fun!!

Winter said...

So cute! I LOVE the utensils, that is what we have as our drawer handels on our kitchen cabinets! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Cute!

Jen said...

great card! it's fun to have those no stamping ones once in a while, wouldn't you say!? have a great one!

Jessica said...

Oh, I like it Courtney!! Great colors :)

Regan said...

ack...its so cool!!

~kelly marie~ said...

So fun!! Love that chipboard!

KAREN B. said...

Thanks for the great idea and sharing the super neat card.

Latisha said...

What a cool technique.
Love the Abode!!
Super cute card too.

yyam said...

I must try this technique! Love the texture! :)

Laura.K said...

Lovely.
And I got those paper too, thanks to you. Thank you very much.

And your stamps are GORGEOUS. I love them.

Thanks.

Cindy Lee said...

Great technique, Courtney!! Love this card...definitely your style!