Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sewing and sketch book.

So last night at 9:30 Chase and I were cleaning the house and he mentioned that he didn't even know where to begin dusting my craft room. I realized it really needed a nice reorganization. So at 9:30 I got to work! I found a ton of stuff that I had totally forgotten about. One of those things was this blank book from work. From time to time we use mock up versions of books at work. Eventually when we are done with the book they let us take our pick. Again, all that is in the book is blank sheets. So of course the crafter in me thinks, "Hey, I can recover that." So I took some Color Theory paper and came up with this:


 
And if you are wondering why I need a sketch book when I don't sketch... well, I've decided I'm going to start keeping track AFTER. Above I've already added the Anniversary card I did yesterday.

My sewing class was a success today. We made these four corner aprons. Check out my mom and I in our aprons:


For a girl that doesn't like pink... I sure do have a lot on in this picture.

Also, thanks for your advice on the embossing buddy. I'm officially getting one!

8 comments:

Elise said...

Ohhhhhhh! You and your mom are sooooo cute! What fun for the two of you: those APRON thingys are darling!

The book thing, btw! Is VERY cool! You know sweet lil' DANA from Paperdaydream... {lol!} She keeps a book like that with sketches and sometime thumb nail prints of cards, etc. so she can keep track of what she's done, where she's sent them, etc. AND it's all fat and juicy now and looks like a modern Leonardo journal.. (If Leonardo DaVinci enjoyed PAPERCRAFTS, that is...) Anyway, it looks SO cute! I hope you'll give us a glimpse when YOURS is all fat and juicy with creations, etc. Yipee!

Traveling Mama said...

What adorable aprons! You girls look so cute!

Janelle said...

Cute aprons! Fine idea to record your sketches after the fact. Don't know if I'm disciplined enough to do that, but maybe I'll try!

Kelley Eubanks said...

cute book and love love love the aprons! I was just thinking while I was on vacation (i was in tuesday morning checking out the stash of scrapbook supplies in SC)that I need an apron! Now I know who can make me one! :) I wish I had signed up to take that sewing class. At the time I didn't have a sewing machine so I didn't bother. I have one now but it is still really a crafty version. Maybe next year!?!? I don't sketch either but this is a great idea! May have to start!

Winter said...

Love the sketch book! Your sketches look so neat, mine are all messy, I guess I need to work on that! Love the aprons too, the fabric is great! And about the embossing, I have used drier sheet, and I don't think they work! I think I might try the embossing buddy! :)

Jessica said...

Love the aprons. Very sweet picture of you and your mom.
As far as the book very clever idea. The only way I can make cards is by keeping a sketch book. Especially since my daily schedules are a load I have not much time to sit and wonder what I should do (which usually takes the biggest bulk of time when creating cards). I uaually add a color scheme as well on the sketch book so all I do is grab my materials and create :0)
*Blessings*

~kelly marie~ said...

Love the journal! You are amazing a repurposing and making it look like a million bucks! Your aprons are so cute too!

Anonymous said...

Nice staf, men! Thank4post
http://stokanemne.chez.com/map12.php

http://diatensferab.chez.com/map12.php