Monday, August 17, 2009

The Finished Closet!

I have to say I'm in love with our closet. And before I go much further I have to say a HUGE thank you for my sweet husband and father for making this happen. It's so nice to have a husband that can take one of my ideas and make it reality. So unfortunatly I didn't take a before picture (what was wrong with me - I think excitement), but just take this empty room and add one row of wire shelving:
The picture below are pre-organizing. I promise it normally looks better! I was just so excited to throw everything in there!

And now (it was so hard to take this pictures without a wide angle lens):
We made everything thing out of MDF (except the the crown molding).



Are you ready for the total cost? $300. Way more cost efficent then some of the other options I looked at!

Now I'm on the look out for wood hangers. I found some great ones at IKEA, but Atlanta is the closest one. Or I can fork over the extra $30 for shipping, but there is no way I can do that. I also need to get baskets that fit our new shelves. Lastly I have plans for a full length mirror and a shelf for my jewelry!

9 comments:

Janelle said...

Your closet looks great, Courtney! Last summer my husband & I made a day trip to the Atlant IKEA (from Charlotte) to get all the things for my craft room. He's a sweetie, too, to drive that far and back just for stuff for me! Now we have an IKEA in Charlotte but it's on the other side of town. (Which may as well be Atlanta, as often as I've been there!)

Kelley Eubanks said...

This looks great Courtney! So nice to have handy men around!

Carol said...

that looks soo so so so so so SO Great...so....uh....what would it cost me to hire you guys to come organize and build a place for my stockpile? :p right now it's currently spread throughout the house - i have some up in the den (it's not being used right now and dad doesn't know about that so SHHHH) and most of it in my bedroom and in the hallway upstairs on a shelf and in the playroom closet...course i need to clean the playroom out and have a HUGE YARD SALE too!!!.

Winter said...

Nice! Now it's time to shop! :)

Traveling Mama said...

I love an organized closet! I'm a wooden hanger girl too! They are the best!

Karen said...

Looks like a perfect way to utilize the space! Our master walk in closet is really pretty small (the kids' wall closets are at least twice as big!) and I had Hubby redo it for us as well. Isn't it wonderful to have someone to help out with projects like these?! :> I love that blue on your walls.....do you know what color that is?

Jane said...

FABULOUS!!! doesn't it want to make you do the happy dance!! I love when everything is organized...and I'm in the middle of organizing my craft station (don't know what else to call it) down in the basement, our pantry and our new laundry room!

~kelly marie~ said...

WOW!! This might be my favorite home improvement project of yours yet! That is such an awesome closet!!

Mandy said...

WOW!
Fabulous closet make-over!
You are super thrifty!