Saturday, January 3, 2009

when laziness becomes creativity.

This card was cased from Nichole Heady's heart card. I've loved this card since the moment I saw it. I unfortunately do not have that stamp set (it's on my wish list). So in the mean time I thought I'd use what I did have to make it.

I decided to use an orange from the Tart and Tangy set from Stampin Up. Here's what it looks like:
Unfortunately I didn't have a punch to fit the orange. I could have used one of my nestabilites to do this, but I am lazy. So I used my 1 inch punch and decided they looked enough like flowers without the circle. Here's what they look like:
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Live Like You Mean It
Paper: White
Ink: Red, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean
Accessories: Black Rhinestones, Black Stampin Up Writer

3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Adorable card ... love the orange slice flowers.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I love the simplicity of the design and the graphic and colorful images.

Deb Neerman said...

I love this Courtney! Simple and elegant ... and very clever to use the SU fruit stamp!